Here is some of my research I've done on my RICHTER family.
Henry Joseph RICHTER
Nora Dell RYUN
Henry Joseph RICHTER was born 11 Jan 1879 in Marysville, Kansas. He was one of 6 children born to Joseph Frank and Gertrude M. (SANDERS) RICHTER.
Nora Dell RYUN was born in Wayne County, Iowa on 24 SEP 1881. She was one of 12 children born to Benjamin and Martha (COOK) RYUN.
Henry moved at the age of 5 with his parents from Marysville, Kansas to the farm near Turkey Creek where he resided until his retirement in 1956.
Nora RYUN moved with her parents at the age of 7 from Iowa and moved to a farm 2 miles south of Republican City, Nebraska. She attended the Kirkwood School in a sod house. When she was 12 she went to stay with her sister in Kearney and attended school there for 2 years. At age 17 she went to Lincoln where she was employed for 3 years until her marriage in 1902.
Henry and Nora RICHTER were married on 03 SEP 1902 at the Harlan County Courthouse in Alma, Nebraska by Judge C. M. MILLER. Joseph J. RICHTER and Lulu RYUN were present as witnesses. Nora remembered her wedding dress as being out of white silk, composed mostly of ruffles with lace on each ruffle. After the ceremony the couple went to their home, a two room house on the farm owned by the groom.
Attendants at the wedding were Joe RICHTER and Lulu RYUN KING. There was a wedding dance and supper honoring the young couple.
In 1905 the only land listed as being owned in Franklin County by Henry RICHTER was 40 acres in Turkey Creek Township, more specifically the SW1/4 of SW1/4 Section 18, Township 1, Range 16. However, this is located right next to Harlan County. More research needs to be done to verify if any property was owned in Harlan County.
To them four children were born, one dying in infancy.
(1) Lillie Fay RICHTER, b. 27 JUN 1903, Naponee, Nebraska, m. 07 MAR 1923 to Robert H. MUIR in Alma, Nebraska, d. 06 JUL 1980, Good Samaritan Hospital, Kearney, Nebraska, buried in the Naponee Cemetery, Naponee, Nebraska. (Please write for more information);
(2) Walter Ryun RICHTER, b. 29 OCT 1906, m. 16 FEB 1928 at Hastings, Adams County, Nebraska, to Anita Mae WINTERSTEEN, d. 18 MAR 1970, Marshfield, MO, buried first at Marshfield, MO then in 1988 moved to Naponee, Nebraska; (My direct line. Please write for more information)
(3) Harold RICHTER, b. 1908 lived 5 days, buried ?;
(4) Cecil Lee RICHTER, b. 30 OCT 1910, d. 25 AUG 1922 at the Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, Nebraska from head injuries suffered in a horse riding accident, buried at Republican City Cemetery, Republican City, Nebraska.
Besides their own children, Henry and Nora RICHTER took into their home and reared Glenn, Claude and Carl HAMMOND, nephews of Nora, after their mother passed away from pneumonia in 1925. Earl TRIPPLETT and Wilford SHOOK also had a home with them for a number of years and at the death of their daughter-in-law, Anita RICHTER, son Walter and his young sons Rodney and Guy RICHTER also came to reside with them.
Nora's parents moved in with them in 1924. Her father passed away six months later and her mother continued to live with them for 12 years, except for short stays with the rest of the family.
Henry and Nora RICHTER celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary in 1962.
On May 12, 1926 Henry and Nora RICHTER were among the 30 charter members of the Order the Eastern Star #304 at Republican City, Nebraska.
Henry RICHTER passed away 29 DEC 1970 in the Harlan County Memorial Hospital in Alma, Nebraska. Funeral services were held at the Congregational Church in Naponee, Nebraska on 31 DEC 1970 and burial was in the Republican City Cemetery, Republican City, Nebraska.
Nora Dell RYUN RICHTER passed away 20 APR 1971 at the Harlan County Memorial Hospital in Alma, Nebraska. Funeral Services were 23 APR 1971 with intermit at the Republican City Cemetery, Republican City, Nebraska.
Joseph Frank RICHTER
Gertrude Mary SANDERS
Joseph Frank RICHTER was born 25 JUL 1840 in Prussia. The names of his parents are not known. He came to America with his parents in 1850 and settled in the state of Wisconsin near Kenosha. He became a U.S. Citizen in 1858. He is known to have had three siblings: Elizabeth RICHTER, Bernard RICHTER and T.F. RICHTER (sex unknown). Note* More information is currently being persued. I hope to add more here soon.
Gertrude Mary SANDERS was born 29 AUG 1842 in Prussia. She came to the U.S. in 1844? and became a citizen in 1858. She is the daughter of William and Dorthea (maiden name also SANDERS) SANDERS.
Joseph and Gertrude RICHTER were married in Wisconsin in 1862. In 1877 they moved to Kansas. Then in 1884 he moved with his family to Nebraska. To this union six children were born:
(1) Mary Dora RICHTER, b. 24 AUG 1863, Peppin, Wisconsin, m. 24 FEB 1881 in Marysville, Marshall County, Kansas to Antone SCHIMMELS. Mary died 19 JAN 1943, and is buried in Naponee Cemetery, Naponee, Nebraska. They had 5 children.;
(2) Helena (Lena) Frances RICHTER, b. 18 MAR 1865, Kenosha County, Wisconsin, m. 17 JAN 1886, Bloomington, Nebraska to John SCHIMMELS who was born on 05 JUL 1855 and died 08 MAR 1929 and is buried in the Naponee Cemetery, Naponee, Nebraska. Helena died 05 MAR 1956, at the Alma Memorial Hospital, Alma, Nebraska and is buried in the Naponee Cemetery in Naponee, Nebraska. They had 6 children.;
(3) Rosa Mary RICHTER, b. 10 AUG 1874 at Walworth County, Wisconsin, m. 23 MAY 1894 to Sylvestor LOSEY. Sylvestor was born 02 NOV 1863, Davis County, Iowa and died 04 FEB 1928, Covington, Oklahoma and is buried in Naponee, Nebraska. Rosa died 13 SEP 1973. They had 4 children. ;
(4) Anna Marie RICHTER, b. 03 MAR 1877, Racine, Wisconsin, m. in Bloomington, Nebraska to Frederich HECHT. Frederich was born 12 NOV 1872 and died 14 DEC 1961. Anna died 16 MAY 1974. They had 4 children. ;
(5) Henry RICHTER b. 11 Jan 1879 in Marysville, Kansas, m. Nora Dell RYUN, b. Wayne County, Iowa on 24 SEP 1881. (My direct line. See their section above. Please write for more information);
(6) Joseph John RICHTER , b. 03 FEB 1882, Marysville, Kansas, m. Mary Elizabeth (Molly) FITZPATRICK, d. 23 JUL 1973, Franklin County, Nebraska with funeral services at the Catholic Church and buried in the Naponee Cemetery. They had 3 children.;
In the 1905 Standard Atlas of Franklin County, Nebraska on page 67 in the Portrait Department, there is a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph F. RICHTER.
Joseph Frank RICHTER died 06 NOV 1914 at Naponee, Nebraska with his wife and six children all at his bed side. All of the children living in or around Naponee, Nebraska. Funeral Services were held at the Naponee Congregational Church on 07 NOV 1914, with intermit in the Naponee Cemetery, Naponee, Nebraska.
Gertrude Mary SANDERS RICHTER was a member of the Ladies Aid Society of the Congregational Church. She passed away 12 NOV 1920 in Naponee, Nebraska. Funeral Services were held in the Catholic Church with burial in the Naponee Cemetery, Naponee, Nebraska. NOTE: Although this does sound a bit confusing, her obituary does list her being a member of the Congregational Church's Ladies Aid Society with her funeral being held in the Catholic Church. The two churches are located just across the street from each other in Naponee.
No information is available on these parents. They were born in Germany and are believed to have came to the United States as a family in 1850. I have been unable to locate their ship's passenger list. They had four children:
(1) Joseph Frank RICHTER was born 25 JUL 1840 in Prussia, m. Gertrude Mary SANDERS in Wisconsin in 1862. (See his section for more information.);
(2) Elizabeth RICHTER, b. 18 OCT 1841, d. 05 OCT 1920. She m. August KERSTING in 1859. To this union 11 children were born. She is believed to be buried in Kenosha, Wisconsin;
(3) Bernard RICHTER, b. 29 AUG 1843, d. SEP 1906. He is believed to also be buried in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Bernard is known to have had one son, Alphonse RICHTER. Alphonse RICHTER had five children.
(4) T. F. RICHTER. The dates of his birth and death are unknown. He is known to have had five children.
To get back to Patti Simpson's Home Page click here.