Here is some of my research I've done on my BOLDT family.
Fredrick BOLDT was born on 20 JUN 1847 in Germany. After he and Fredricka were married they moved to the United States in 1874. In Franklin County, Nebraska in 1884 Fredrick BOLDT applied to become a naturalized citizen of the U.S. He and Fredricka lived in a sod house when their children were growing up.
Fredricka KOPCKE was born on 07 DEC 1849 at Rudkwitz Schwerin, Mecklenburg, Germany . Her mother's first name is believed to be Dora. It is also believed that she had a sister who married a man by the name of LIPPSTREW. They also lived near Wilcox, NE.
Fredrick BOLDT and Fredricka KOPCKE were married ae 1874 in Germany. (Please note that although the 1900 U.S. Census in Nebraska lists them as being married 26 years in 1900 putting the approximate year of their marriage as 1874, their daughter, Sophia was born in 1870 - four years before the census has them as being married. They did come to the United States in 1874 and I believe that there may have been an error on the 1900 U.S. Census for lack of communication.)
They had six children:
(1) Sophia Marie Wilhemina BOLDT, b. 16 SEP 1870, Germany, m. 06 SEP 1888 to Carl AMMAN, d. 23 JAN 1950, Naponee, Franklin County, Nebraska, buried in the St. John's Lutheran Cemetery, Wilcox, Nebraska; (My direct line. Please write for more information)
(2) Will C. BOLDT, b. Michigan, d. (?), m. Ida GOINGS, lived in North Platte, Nebraska;
(3) Anna BOLDT, b. 22 AUG 1877 Ashton, Lee County, Illinois, m. 06 NOV 1898 Van Horne, Iowa to George H. BAHR, d. 02 AUG 1975, Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, buried 05 AUG 1975 at Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska;
(4) Lena BOLDT, b. FEB 1880, Nebraska, m. Martin "Swede" NORBERG - no children, lived in Franklin, Nebraska;
(5) Frank Carl BOLDT, b. 06 SEP 1882, Franklin County, Nebraska, m. Dessie (last name unknown), d. 03 SEP 1969 Colorado Springs, Colorado and buried at Crystal Valley Cemetery, Manitou Springs, Colorado, Sec. 32, Lot East 1/2, Block 6 - no children, lived in Manitou Springs, Colorado; and
(6) Martha BOLDT, b. JUN 1884 , m. Alex SILVRANTS - no children lived in Briggsdale, Colorado;
On 04 OCT 1882 the BOLDT"s homesteaded the NW1/4, Sec. 21, Twn 4N, Range 16 W, containing 160 acres.
Fred BOLDT filed a Declaration of Intention for Naturalization in Buffalo County, Nebraska on 19 SEP 1879. He received his Naturalization papers on 10 NOV 1884 in Bloomington, Franklin County, Nebraska District Court. Frederich LINDER was a witness for him.
In 1884 the BOLDTs lived on the NW1/4 of Section 21, Township 4, Range 16. Three of the children, Sophia, William and Anna attended school in a sod house in School District #51 in Franklin County, Nebraska. In 1885 they are listed as living in the same section, but in 1886 the family must have moved as the Franklin County School Census lists them as living in the NW1/4 of Section 17, Township 11, Range 11, Franklin County, Nebraska. However, they were still in School District #51.
Fred BOLDT died on 11 OCT 1903 and is buried at St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wilcox, Nebraska.
Fredericka BOLDT died on 13 APR 1941 at her home in Franklin, Franklin County, Nebraska. Funeral services were conducted at her home in Franklin, Nebraska and she was also buried at St. John's Lutheran Cemetery in Wilcox, Nebraska.
In the 1905 Standard Atlas, the Lincoln Township map of Franklin County, Nebraska shows 430 acres owned by the Fred BOLDT estate. The legal description is as follows: 160 acres in the NW1/4 Section 33; 160 acres in the NW1/4 Section 21; and 120 acres in the SW1/4 of SW1/4 and E1/2 of SW1/4 Section 16, Township 4, Range 16. It was inconclusive if one of these sections is where the sodhouse was located.
I would like to note that in the late 1940's Fredricka BOLDT posed for a five generation picture with her daughter, Sophia (BOLDT) AMMAN SINDT, her grandson, Adolph AMMAN, her great-grand daughter, Mrs. Ed BUISING and her 18 month old great-great-grandson, Bobby BUISING. The picture was published in the local paper at the time. The news article also noted how Mrs. BOLDT was among the pioneers of the county, and that her six children were all still living and that she also had fourteen grandchildren, nine great grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren.
Their Children's and Grandchildren's Families:
Will C. BOLDT
Will C. BOLDT was born in Michigan. He was one of six children born to Fredrick and Fredericka BOLDT.
Ida GOINGS was born ?
Will BOLDT and Ida GOINGS were married on ? and to them the following five children were born:
(1) Fredrick BOLDT, b. ?;
(2) Ethel BOLDT, b. ?;
(3) Evelyn BOLDT, b. ?;
(4) Dorothy BOLDT, b. ?; and
(5) August BOLDT, b. ?;
Will and Ida BOLDT were known to have lived in North Platte, Nebraska.
George Henry BAHR
George Henry BAHR was born on 08 MAY 1879 in Ashton, Lee County, Illinois. His parents were Christian BAHR and Hannah SPECK.
Anna BOLDT was born 23 AUG 1877 at Reynolds, Lee County, Illinois to Fredrick and Fredericka BOLDT.
George BAHR and Anna BOLDT were married 06 NOV 1898 at VanHorne, Iowa. To them the following three children were born:
(1) Emmett A. BAHR, b. 16 JUN 1901 at Van Horne, Iowa, m. Esther CHRISTENSON (or Ruby McGown depending on which of my two sources I have) on 28 FEB 1924 at Council Bluffs, Iowa, d. 06 JAN 1984 at Kearney, Nebraska and buried in Wyuka Cemetery in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska. (Ruby McGOWN was the wife of the editor of the Wilcox Paper. She left him and married Emmett.) (Esther CHRISTENSON BAHR was b. 24 SEP 1904 to Jens? CHRISTENSON, d. 21 JAN 1984 at Kearney, Nebraska and buried at Wyuka Cemetery in Lincoln, Nebraska) Emmett had a music store in Kearney, Nebraska - Bahr Music Company. He was affiliated with the Lutheran faith. They had no children;
(2) Glenn P. BAHR, b. 25 DEC 1903 in Wilcox area, Kearney County, Nebraska, m. 03 NOV 1928 at Council Bluffs, Iowa to Mildred E. CARPER who was b. 18 DEC 1902 to Delbert and Pearl CARPER. Glenn BAHR d. 21 JAN 1962 at Lincoln, Lancaster, Nebraska and is buried at Eagle Cemetery, Nebraska. They had one daughter, Karen E. BAHR;
(3) Leland Duane BAHR, b. 20 DEC 1910 at Wilcox, Kearney, Nebraska, m. 09 AUG 1942 in LasVegas, Nevada to Emma Lee SPREIER. They had three children, Leland, Jr. BAHR, George D. BAHR, and Harriett Lee BAHR.
George H. BAHR was employed as a thrasher and by the railroad and was affiliated with the Lutheran faith. He died 13 JAN 1944 at Kearney, Buffalo County, Nebraska and is buried at N. Cemetery, Kearney, Nebraska.
Anna (BOLDT) BAHR was also Lutheran and passed away 02 AUG 1975 at Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington and is buried at N. Cemetery, Kearney, Nebraska.
Mildred E. CARPER
Glenn BAHR was born on 25 DEC 1903 at Wilcox, Kearney County, Nebraska. He was one of three children born to George BAHR and Anna BOLDT.
Mildred E. CARPER, was born 18 DEC 1902 at Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska. Her parents were Delbert and Pearl CARPER.
Glenn BAHR and Mildred E. CARPER were married 03 NOV 1928 at Council Bluffs, Iowa. To them one daughter was born:
(1) Karen E. BAHR, b. 05MAR 1936 at Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, m. Clark SPRINGMAN on 28 AUG 1954 at Almira, Nebraska. They had four children: Jeffrey Clark SPRINGMAN, Jennifer Lynn SPRINGMAN, Gregory Andrew SPRINGMAN, and David Stuart SPRINGMAN. Karen was divorced and later remarried Bill COLOSIMO.
Glenn BAHR worked for Burlington Northern. Glenn died on 31 JAN 1962 at lincoln, Lancaster, Nebraska and was buried at Eagle Cemetery, Nebraska.
Mildred E. CARPER was employed in the insurance business.
Leland Duane BAHR
Emma Lee SPREIER
Leland Duane BAHR was born on 20 DEC 1910 at Wilcox, Kearney County, Nebraska. He was one of three children born to George BAHR and Anna BOLDT.
Emma Lee SPREIER, was born 22 NOV 1915 at Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska to David and Elizabeth (ENGELMAN) SPREIER.
Leland Duane BAHR and Emma Lee SPREIER were married on 09 AUG 1942 in LasVegas, Nevada. To them three children were born:
(1) Leland Duane BAHR Jr., b. 06 JUL 1946 in Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska, never married, d. 03 NOV 1985 in the Cardon River, 3 miles south of Carbanado, Washington. He was murdered. He was buried 19 JAN 1986 at Mountain View Cemetery in Tacoma, Washington;
(2) Harriett Lee BAHR, b. 01 APR 1951 in Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, m. Dennis W. DUNLAP on 26 JUN 1976 in Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington. She had no children;
(3) George David BAHR, b. 25 JAN 1948 at Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington, m. Janet L. WELLMAN on 04 APR 1970 at Port Angeles, Clallam County, Washington. He had two children, David Francis BAHR and Jeremy Lee BAHR.
Leland BAHR lived in Wilcox, Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska and Tacoma, Washington. He worked for the Post Office and retired as an Army Officer and Civil Service (Postal).
Emma Lee SPREIER worked in the Lincoln Journal Newspaper office in Lincoln, Nebraska. She died 04 AN 1989 at Tacoma, Pierce County, Washington and was buried in Mountain View Cemetery at Tacoma, Washington.
To get back to Patti Simpson's Home Page click here.